The UK Vision Strategy, whose aims are supported by UK governments, is implemented through a strong alliance of statutory, health and social care bodies, voluntary organisations, eye health professionals and individuals.
Vision Strategy Leadership group
To lead the implementation of the UK Vision Strategy across the UK, a Leadership Group meets throughout the year to review progress and plan collaborative work.
- Chair: Fazilet Hadi, Group Director, Engagement, Royal National Institute of Blind People
- Juliat Burns, Royal College of Nursing Ophthalmic Nursing Forum
- Nigel Clarke, Chair, VISION 2020 UK
- Jenny Cook, Head of Strategy and Research, Guide Dogs
- Alison Oliver, Chief Executive, Visionary
- Parul Desai, Consultant in Public Health and Ophthalmology at Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Peter Fahy, Assistant Director - People Directorate, Coventry City Council; Joint Lead for the Physical Disabilities, HIV and Sensory Impairment Network for Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- Professor Carrie MacEwen, President of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Miriam Martin, CEO, Action for Blind People
- Rowena McNamara, British and Irish Orthoptic Society
- Dr Waqaar Shah, General Practitioner, Royal College of General Practitioners, Clinical Champion for Eye Health
- Michael Sobanja, Director of Policy, NHS Alliance
- Katrina Venerus, Optical Confederation and Managing Director, Local Optical Committee Support Unit