Vision UK 2012 conference
Hundreds of policy makers, eye health professionals and service users gathered at Vision UK 2012, the annual conference for the eye health and sight loss sector on Tuesday 12 June at the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre, Westminster, London.
Speaking at the conference, Lord Howe, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Quality, said "I am delighted that eye health is now a public health priority in England. This is thanks to the UK Vision Strategy partnership which brings organisations together to work as one. The eye health indicator in the public health outcomes framework is a shining example of what collaboration can achieve".
Lord Howe also announced that there will be local eye health networks as part of the local professional networks and confirmed that NICE will develop quality standards for AMD and cataract. The timetable for these standards is to be announced shortly.
The UK Vision Strategy programme team and VISION 2020 UK would like to thank all the speakers and delegates who took part in the day.
Here are some PowerPowerpoint presentations from the day:
Key presentations from Vision UK 2012 conference
Presentations in Word and PDF formats
- Independent travel today - word styles (2).doc (Word, 30 KB)
- Presentation on Seeing it My Way Vision UK 20121 2 (1).doc (Word, 324 KB)
- UK Sight Loss Pathway - final draft (2).doc (Word, 46.5 KB)
- Vision UK 2012 Dr Richardson word styles (2).doc (Word, 43 KB)
- seeing it my way.pdf (Pdf, 797.85 KB)
- Seeing it my way.doc (Word, 55.5 KB)